Friday, March 16, 2007

First Few...


I always wondered what the heck is this blogging about!

Is it about letting people notice you? Is it for losers who can not get noticed in real world? Is it for those who dont have better things to do in life so they waste their time on web, posting things that are never read by anyone? Or may be they just hope that those blogs are read by people and those people will know you better?

What a crap!

I dont understand. But here I am writing my first few words. And what better way to start writing by using the system to bitch about the system itself. Anyway I am part of it and I realize most of those things I mentioned, are applicable to me. But you know what, I will readily accept all those things.........unlike you guys.

Well...I realize I have used enough foul language to freak out some of you who have lasted long enough on this page. Good luck reading through the rest of this crap then! Dont keep your hopes up, I am sure you will be let down in every sentence that I write.

I have been consistently losing my friends to this dark black hole named BLOGGING. As it caught up to me, I think I am getting indulged into it as well. I remember similar phase last year, but that time it was ORKUT. Now I am so addicted to it that its the first page that I open in my Firefox. (Thats right...I dont use IE as 90% of you people do. Yes.....KILL BILL!!)

There are so many things I want to write about here. But I guess I will let the time pass by and see how much excitement remains in me to actually continue this blogging thing.

I will write about my READING HABITS here as my first try.

First of all, the reason I chose this topic is because I dont have much to write about it, so it will be over in few. Anyway I believe, in my life I have always had a choice when I was offered books. A bestseller hard bound beautiful book under a lighted christmas tree wrapped up in red scented gift-wrapping paper wanting to catch your attention or a really weathered cricket bat lying in a corner that you can hardly notice in such a dark room. The choice has been very easy for me as I always went with the cricket bat. And I took it as my pride as well, may be because I have always been good on the playground. Infact I have proudly mentioned to few people, "I can read but I can not". Not that I was bad at my schoolwork and so I had to switch. I have had good grades and have made it so far to earn myself something in my field. But I think the book reading just hasn't been my cup of tea until now. Be it a textbook, which will promise you to get 100% if you read it through or a sci-fi thriller, which will take you for a ride of future, I havent had enough interest in them until now. But now that I am going for it, I hope that reading a book is as satisfying as taking a wicket of the best batsman on the opponent side by your in-swinging yorker. As satisfying as bowling a nerve-cracking bouncer to a trash talker from some country that you hate the most. I hope it is as satisfying as scoring the winning goal for your team after 90 minutes of tiring soccer game. I hope it is as enjoyable as seeing an expression on your opponents face after you smash an ace on his face. As satisfying as when you make a new record for 400m sprint. I hope its as tiring as when you go on a crosscountry for 25km run and actually finish it. I hope its as memorable as the state level final game. Or atleast I hope it is as satisfying as that walk out of the gym after a heavy routine workout.

It may be or may not be, I dont know but it doesnt hurt trying. So thats what I am gonna do, I am splitting my time between things that I like and things I hope I like. Its been good so far as I finished reading more books in last month than I read in my whole life until now.

I feel that I always created the second choice, now I am trying to catch up.

Wish me good luck in this new venture.

-Manish

2 comments:

Vaidehi Dongre said...

well, welcome to blogger's world! i think people blog bcoz they get to communicate so many feelings, issues, thoughts which r difficult to be discussed face to face at times. well atleast, that's why i do. keep blogging & u will find sufficient topics, that's how every blogger starts i guess!

Vaidehi Dongre said...

reading a book is as satisfying as any of those things that u've mentioned!http://vaidehid.blogspot.com/2007/01/analyze-this-that.html
here is a post where i penned my thoughts over it, reading is influential to the extent that it can change ur life! it also helps to refine ur thought process. i have several examples.